December 2010 Issue
December 4th, 2010
The Port Side‘s second issue of the 2010-2011 school year was published on December 3, 2010.
View articles online:
Where Picket Signs Go To Die by Michelle Kahn
Inside the Claremont Closet by Kimberly Ngai
Policies in Transition by Veronica Salas
Picking on Plato by Wendy Qian
Majoring in the Middle East by Shree Pandya
Everyday Extremism by Sara Birkenthal
The Oakland Riots, in Retrospect by Danielle Holstein
Mom, Apple Pie, and the Homies by Rolando Gutierrez
The Legacy of “Liquid Cocaine” by Anna Pickrell
Is Multiculturalism Dead? by Manassinee Moottatarn
Green with Economic Envy by Samantha Morse
Dirty Governments by Derek Ha
Read Our Print Edition
Comments are closed.
Latest in Print
Connect with CPS
Claremont Port Side (CmontPortSide)
Tweeting since July 27, 2009
May 16th, 2013
CMC has changed its financial aid policy to allow up to $4,000 in loans in its financial aid packages starting with the class of 2018. The Port Side takes a look into the reasoning and ramifications behind this policy change.
May 4th, 2013
The Port Side published an infographic spread on tenure at the 5Cs in our last print issue. Here, we go in-depth into who gets tenure at the Claremont Colleges.
May 2nd, 2013
This past Tuesday, Pomona College's 83 dining hall workers voted in favor of union representation. They now look to work out a new contract with the college administration. What do the workers hope to gain from this new contract, and how is national organization UNITE HERE involved? We've got all the details after the jump.
April 29th, 2013
Over the past decade, technological advancements have opened up new possibilities for the future of education. Maryl Evans explains some of the pros and cons of bringing the internet into the classroom.
April 25th, 2013
In this open letter sent to CMC faculty, Prof. Segal weighs in on the administration's report on the confrontation between Najib Hamideh PZ '15 and CMC Professor Yaron Raviv. He claims the report ignores key facts and blames the incident's victims, the SJP demonstrators.
April 22nd, 2013
The CMC Campus Climate Task Force recently released a report of its findings and detailed a series of affirmations and recommendations for CMC.
- The Band-Aid of Affirmative Action posted on December 4, 2012
- Letter to the Editor: “The Great Lie of Claremont McKenna College” posted on February 5, 2012
- CMC Financial Aid Changes posted on May 16, 2013
- The Dark Side of Paradise posted on March 29, 2012
- Wealth and Salaries at the Claremont Colleges posted on February 24, 2012
- How the 5Cs Market Themselves posted on May 2, 2013
- CMC Financial Aid Changes | Edu Tips on Huang to Lead CMC Office of Admission
- CMC Financial Aid Changes on Finding Parallels: Pamela Gann’s Response to Financial Crisis
- CMC Financial Aid Changes | Edu Tips on Finding Parallels: Pamela Gann’s Response to Financial Crisis
- here on CMC Financial Aid Changes
- Branden on Galatians 6:7-9
- CMC Financial Aid Changes | Platinum Student on Finding Parallels: Pamela Gann’s Response to Financial Crisis
- CMC Financial Aid Changes – Claremont Port Side (blog) | The Student Secret on CMC Financial Aid Changes
- CMC Financial Aid Changes | Education Brain on Finding Parallels: Pamela Gann’s Response to Financial Crisis
- CMC Financial Aid Changes | Business Education Tips on Huang to Lead CMC Office of Admission
- cars on When Terence’s Dad Got Arrested