December 2011 Issue
December 1st, 2011
The Port Side‘s second issue for the 2011-2012 school year was published on December 1, 2011.
View articles online:
Protesting Disillusionment by Alyssa Roberts
One Union, Over Easy by Deborah Frempong
Invest in Something That Counts by Julia Starr
Colleges, or Country Clubs? by Summer Dowd-Lukesh
Friend or Foe of Feminism? by Caitlin Highland
Undocumented and Underutilized? by Arielle Zionts
In God Who Trusts? by Andy Willis
Spreading Her Passion by Chelsea Carlson
Occupy Everywhere by Sara Birkenthal
Mission Accomplished? by Tim Reynolds
Israel-Palestine Conflict Hits Claremont by Samantha Morse
Leave a Reply
Latest in Print
Connect with CPS
Claremont Port Side (CmontPortSide)
Tweeting since July 27, 2009
May 16th, 2013
CMC has changed its financial aid policy to allow up to $4,000 in loans in its financial aid packages starting with the class of 2018. The Port Side takes a look into the reasoning and ramifications behind this policy change.
May 4th, 2013
The Port Side published an infographic spread on tenure at the 5Cs in our last print issue. Here, we go in-depth into who gets tenure at the Claremont Colleges.
May 2nd, 2013
This past Tuesday, Pomona College's 83 dining hall workers voted in favor of union representation. They now look to work out a new contract with the college administration. What do the workers hope to gain from this new contract, and how is national organization UNITE HERE involved? We've got all the details after the jump.
April 29th, 2013
Over the past decade, technological advancements have opened up new possibilities for the future of education. Maryl Evans explains some of the pros and cons of bringing the internet into the classroom.
April 25th, 2013
In this open letter sent to CMC faculty, Prof. Segal weighs in on the administration's report on the confrontation between Najib Hamideh PZ '15 and CMC Professor Yaron Raviv. He claims the report ignores key facts and blames the incident's victims, the SJP demonstrators.
April 22nd, 2013
The CMC Campus Climate Task Force recently released a report of its findings and detailed a series of affirmations and recommendations for CMC.
- The Band-Aid of Affirmative Action posted on December 4, 2012
- Wealth and Salaries at the Claremont Colleges posted on February 24, 2012
- CMC Financial Aid Changes posted on May 16, 2013
- Letter to the Editor: “The Great Lie of Claremont McKenna College” posted on February 5, 2012
- Students Accuse Professor of Hate Speech Following Palestine Justice Event posted on March 11, 2013
- Prof. Segal on SJP Incident: An Open Letter to CMC Faculty posted on April 25, 2013
- CMC Financial Aid Changes | Edu Tips on Huang to Lead CMC Office of Admission
- CMC Financial Aid Changes on Finding Parallels: Pamela Gann’s Response to Financial Crisis
- CMC Financial Aid Changes | Edu Tips on Finding Parallels: Pamela Gann’s Response to Financial Crisis
- here on CMC Financial Aid Changes
- Branden on Galatians 6:7-9
- CMC Financial Aid Changes | Platinum Student on Finding Parallels: Pamela Gann’s Response to Financial Crisis
- CMC Financial Aid Changes – Claremont Port Side (blog) | The Student Secret on CMC Financial Aid Changes
- CMC Financial Aid Changes | Education Brain on Finding Parallels: Pamela Gann’s Response to Financial Crisis
- CMC Financial Aid Changes | Business Education Tips on Huang to Lead CMC Office of Admission
- cars on When Terence’s Dad Got Arrested